There is no shortage of discussion on the issues of digital privacy in the 21st century. Below, we'll explore the privacy powers that are now being created for you to once again be in control of your personal data.
From stopping identity fraud, to protecting your child online, to processing personally identifiable information, and locating your personal data, artificial intelligence is powering many technologies that can enhance your privacy in the modern world.
- Liveness Detection: Liveness detection can stop identity fraud. Liveness detection is an answer to the problem of facial detection spoofing, ensuring that one, the user is a real human being, and two, it is the person who made the account. If implemented correctly, these platforms can enhance privacy by preventing malicious actors from accessing accounts and safeguarding messages, content, and identity from theft and misuse.
- Monitoring your child online: You want your child to be able to use the internet without watching them 24/7, but are also rightfully fearful of your child's safety online. AI can be used to detect and prevent negative online experiences including cyberbullying, threats of violence, drug involvement, grooming, predators, and mental health issues. Such apps work by identifying suspicious language or behaviour using natural language processing and image recognition, and flagging it for review by the parents. AI can also be used to detect patterns of negative behaviour both to and by your child by applying AI models to your child's social media accounts and mobile devices. By scanning large amounts of data and running it through sophisticated algorithms, AI can identify patterns of behaviour that may suggest a negative event, sending you an alert when it's time to consider an intervention.
- Processing Personally Identifiable Information (PII): The processing of medical records, physician notes, medical histories, medical bills, and patient-doctor conversations, which have traditionally been done manually by a staff member either in physical form, by telephone, or by filling out a digital form, can now be managed more efficiently with the use of AI agents. This eliminates the need for human processing unless absolutely necessary, thus providing an efficient and secure method of data management.
- Data location: AI can use reverse image search technology to scan the web for any copies of your photos or videos and alert you if they are being used without your permission. Additionally, AI can search the web for any text-based content that contains your personal data, such as blog posts or articles. Furthermore, AI can scan social media platforms for posts that contain your personal data, so that you can initiate a takedown request if needed.
- By powering cybersecurity: Huge amounts of your personal data is uploaded to the internet directly and indirectly by you and by second and third parties every day. It needs to be secured. AI can be used to detect and prevent cyber breaches in a number of ways. It can be used to analyze network traffic and identify suspicious activity, detect anomalies in user behavior, and block malicious traffic before it reaches a system. AI can also be used to scan emails for malicious content and phishing links, as well as to identify malicious websites and prevent users from visiting them. AI can be used to continuously monitor user activity and detect and respond to any malicious activity in real time. Additionally, AI can be used to help organizations detect and respond to insider threats by identifying patterns in user behavior and alerting security teams to suspicious activity.
AI can be used to detect, prevent, and monitor a variety of threats from identity fraud to cyberbullying. It can be used to process PII, locate data that has been shared without consent, monitor user behavior, scan communication, and detect malicious activity. With the help of AI, organizations and individuals can take a proactive approach to protect their data and privacy.